Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Things I love about Poland

That just about every polish person knows at least the first 30 seconds to this song: 





Example: Here is a stadium full of people singing it at a soccer game.


Why? Czterej Pancerni i Pies is basically the greatest and most popular series to ever come out of Poland. It's about 4 tank men (yeah I don't know the correct terminology) and their dog (it's name is Szarik. Due to this fact, half the German Shepards in poland are named after this dog...he was our Lassie)and their lives in the army during WW2. The characters were really wonderful and you basically go through the entire war with them. Filmed in 1966, it's still regularly played on tv. I think the last time I saw any of this was when I was 13 or younger and would definitely love a marathon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment