Monday, February 23, 2009

Harry Potter Can Read Movies too ( I can read movies part 2)

My friend sam (fellow prattie and 8 year friend)sent me a link to something very similar to my previous post I Can Read Movies. Someone else had the same inspiration of using the Penguin Classics style to make book covers for the Harry Potter books. 

My favorites are: 








The designer is named M.S. Corley (check out the blog for the rest of the pictures). I love some of the other redesigns, like this one for the Spiderwick Chronicles: 


but then again, I'm a sucker for line drawings. For the Harry Potter ones (or even the one above actually), I don't know if this was a color palette choice or again trying the aged effect BUT I feel it works and a bright white would be too stark. They do seem a bit retro but then again that was the inspiration .

Hmm..actually looking through more of the blog, it seems that this is a trend for this designer. After looking at too many it starts to lose the charm that originally drew me to the work but I guess that happens with everything. Anyway, check out the blog! Check out the work! And check sam's blog (yes linking it again), it's full of delicious randomness and she actually walks around the city and takes pictures of lots of interesting stuff. and is obsessed with lolcats (much to my delight haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment