Saturday, March 7, 2009

I've admired this girl since our very first survey


Funny, I was looking around the internet and found another set of illustration pieces I really loved. Looking through them, I thought "these remind me a lot of this girls pieces that I see and love at survey every semester." Then I looked at the profile info and realize it was indeed the same girl I was thinking of. Even on the internet, the world can be a small place :)

I don't personally know Chelsea Greene Lewyta but her work is absolutely beautiful and it caught my eye our very first survey at Pratt. And continues to do so every survey. Her touch is beyond beautiful and haunting. There just aren't enough good things to say about her except that I am a huge fan. 



I like this one a lot because it reminds me of this book I had in poland as a little kid. The story was always too complicated for me to read but the pictures were mind blowing and gave absolutely no indication as to what the plot could possibly be about. 







Her ability to go from the sublime to the incredibly disturbing is seamless and flawless. I just love her stuff and am happy I fell upon a website of it. Please check the rest of her work out! It's really beautiful. 

2 comments:

  1. her work is the definition of strange and beautiful. i remember her from static fish. i love her take on fairy tales and "lions, tigers, and bears...oh my"

    it's always nice to appreciate other's work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do remember seeing her work at survey. Some really fantastic illustrations.

    ReplyDelete