Sunday, March 29, 2009

My personal hero: Kevin Richardson

oh man... this is amazing. I really had no idea hyenas could be friendly towards humans let alone side by side with lions. This guy is crazy. Although the lions and lionesses are HUGE, the hyena's have a greater jaw force. My dad had talked about this guy, who considers himself a general "animal whisperer" and...well i believe it. This guy is definitely living the good life. 







I'm actually watching animal planet right now (the logo still burns my eyeballs) and a feature on him is on. I really still can't believe someone has the ability to stand up to a male hyena that is whooping and not run for safety. This guy is really amazing. and has quite the amazing job.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is seriously incredible. I'm so envious, as a little kid I always wanted to work with wild animals in Africa...but I'd probably be devoured by a lion the instant I stand infront of it. hahaha.

    I noticed that with people who work with animals, it's all about their state of mind. I think animals are very good at sensing our emotions. When a leopard charges at him, he doesn't freak out (even though he may not know the outcome of the charging), he just laughs it off. This maybe could be why he has a good relationship with these animals. He remains calm and so the lions remain calm. Like for example, I notice around dogs that when I become nervous by them- they begin to bark more and become more agitated/nervous with me.


    God, animals kick ass. I want to spend all day today just watching Animal Planet as well.

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete