Thursday, March 5, 2009

What the font?!

I want an iphone. 
I'm even over having an actual keyboard, I can get used to the iphone one. It's the applications that make iphones oh so delicious. (I don't have one so to prove my point, I will disregard the 3g network or whatever awesomeness comes with the iphone and just say it's all about the apps...).

Back to my point, by now we all, even us iphoneless folks, know of about Shazam. In case you don't, that's the program where if a song is playing that you fancy, you can whip out your phone and have it listen to the song, identify it and show you where to purchase it...which is probably always itunes. 

Well, these crafty application people have also made What the Font! (Yes, I know that the applications are made my different people/companies but let me generalize anyways!)


I know at least three people that should be super excited about this! With What the Font you can use the camera that comes with the iphone and photograph an ad in a magazine, or basically anything that has lettering, and it'll search through its database to locate what typeface you are probably looking at. Exciting stuff! I do wonder how well it works. Anybody with an iphone that feels like clueing me in will be greatly appreciated! Download the app here! 

It was developed by the people from MyFonts so I actually have pretty high hopes for this thing working pretty darn well. 

1 comment: